Infinite Energy Center enhances security measures
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
INFINITE ENERGY CENTER ENHANCES SECURITY MEASURES
Including Walk-Through Metal Detectors
Screenings to Officially Begin on April 11
DULUTH, Ga. (April 11, 2016) – Infinite Energy Center will be installing permanent walk-through metal detectors on campus as a way to enhance security measures. The metal detectors will be fully operational at all entry points for the Mumford & Sons concert on April 11, 2016 in the arena.
“Safety is our top priority,” said general manager Joseph Dennis. “By enhancing our security policies, we can ensure that each guest will have a safe and enjoyable experience at Infinite Energy Center.”
For previous events, Infinite Energy Center has conducted magnetic wand screenings to detect metal, visual checks and bag checks as a safety precaution.
Metal detectors are an effective method for event security to safely screen patrons and prevent prohibited items from entering the building. In order to increase the efficiency of these machines, patrons are asked to keep the following guidelines in mind when attending an event:
- Arrive early in preparation for additional security measures
- Limit the number of personal items brought into the venue in order to expedite the screening process
- Once in the screening area:
- Make sure you have your ticket in hand
- Prepare for a bag check by event security
- Place your cell phone, camera and purse on the screening table and prepare to walk-through the metal detector
- Patrons will be subject to a secondary screening process if an alarm sounds when passing through the walk-through metal detector.
- An alternative security screening is available to patrons who are: expectant mothers, wheelchair bound or have a medical condition.
Additionally, Gwinnett Police Department, event security and Infinite Energy Center security are on-site during all events to maintain a safe environment.
For additional information about the security measures and prohibited items at Infinite Energy Center, please visit InfiniteEnergyCenter.com/Security-and-Safety.
About Infinite Energy Center
Just minutes outside of Atlanta, Infinite Energy Center’s 90-acre lakefront campus can accommodate a variety of events from concerts, performances, meetings, trade shows, conventions, banquets, and celebrations. The multipurpose campus includes an amazing 13,000-seat arena (Infinite Energy Arena), a 708-seat theater (Infinite Energy Theater), 23 versatile meeting rooms, a 50,000-square-foot exhibit hall, and a 21,600-square-foot grand ballroom (Infinite Energy Forum). The campus, operated by the Gwinnett Convention and Visitors Bureau, distinguishes itself by hosting a diverse range of events, including the ECHL’s Atlanta Gladiators, NLL’s Georgia Swarm, Carrie Underwood, Justin Timberlake, Menopause the Musical, JapanFest, Romeo Santos, Red Hot Chili Peppers, George Strait, Eric Clapton, NCAA Women’s Gymnastics Championships, Disney On Ice, Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull, Orange Conference, Beyoncé and more. For a full list of events, please visit www.InfiniteEnergyCenter.com.