Gwinnett welcomes 1,200 new teachers
By: Eric Stirgus
Published: Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Gwinnett County began the process Tuesday of welcoming its new teachers to the district with a day-long orientation session.
The session, held at the Gwinnett Center, included a tutorial on the district’s curriculum standards, meeting student needs and teacher assessment. About 1,200 new teachers attended the orientation. Some new teachers could not attend the orientation. Gwinnett will hold additional orientation sessions for the teachers at local schools.
In all, Gwinnett, Georgia’s largest school district, hopes to have about 1,500 new teachers when the new school year starts Aug. 10. District officials said last week there are about 75 teacher vacancies.
Cobb County officials held a similar orientation session Tuesday for an estimated 800 new teachers. DeKalb held orientation sessions for its new teachers last week. Fulton school officials will have two orientation sessions, July 30 and Aug. 3.
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Behind The Energy Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Trans-Siberian Orchestra 2016 The Ghosts of Christmas Eve
- Day 2: Five Finger Death Punch & Shinedown
- Day 3:Shawn Mendes
- Day 4: Christmas with Amy Grant & Michael W. Smith
- Day 5: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus Xtreme®
- BONUS: The Lumineers
- Day 6: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 7: TobyMac
- Day 8: Roger Waters
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Harlem Globetrotters
- BONUS: Green Day
- Day 11: Panic! At The Disco
- Day 12: Andrea Bocelli