Dalai Lama returns to Emory in October
By: Jacques Couret
Publushed: April 23, 2013
The Dalai Lama will be back in Atlanta Oct. 8-10 to talk about responsible citizenship, ethics and education.
As Presidential Distinguished Professor atEmory University, the Dalai Lama provides private teaching sessions with students and faculty during Emory study-abroad programs in Dharamsala, India, as well as opportunities for university community members to attend his annual teachings. He makes periodic visits to Emory to participate in programs.
A public talk “The Pillars of Responsible Citizenship in the 21st Century Global Village” and an afternoon panel session on Secular Ethics in Education are set for Oct. 8 at The Arena at Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Ga. Tickets go on sale April 26 at 10 a.m. at gwinnettcenter.com, in-person at the box office at The Arena at Gwinnett Center, or by phone at 1-888-9-AXS-TIX.
Funds generated through ticket sales are used only to cover expenses, with any surplus given to charitable organizations under the advisement of the Dalai Lama.
He will spend Oct. 9 and 10 at Emory teaching students and engaging with the faculty.
Click here to see Emory’s website for the Dalai Lama’s visit.
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Behind The Energy Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Trans-Siberian Orchestra 2016 The Ghosts of Christmas Eve
- Day 2: Five Finger Death Punch & Shinedown
- Day 3:Shawn Mendes
- Day 4: Christmas with Amy Grant & Michael W. Smith
- Day 5: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus Xtreme®
- BONUS: The Lumineers
- Day 6: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 7: TobyMac
- Day 8: Roger Waters
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Harlem Globetrotters
- BONUS: Green Day
- Day 11: Panic! At The Disco
- Day 12: Andrea Bocelli