Weather forces state wrestling tourney at Arena at Gwinnett Center to be condensed
By: Brandon Brigman
Published: February 10, 2014
The traditional state wrestling tournament was condensed to two days, the Georgia High School Association announced on Monday.
The tournament at the Arena at Gwinnett Center was originally scheduled for three days, beginning Thursday.
However, because of the winter weather conditions heading to Georgia this week, the GHSA moved the tournament to Friday and Saturday.
The tournament will remain double elimination. Because the tournament is being condensed to two days, wrestlers will have to weigh-in on Friday and Saturday. They will receive a one-pound allowance on Friday and two pounds on Saturday.
The tentative schedule has the tournament beginning Friday at 9 a.m.
Saturday will begin with the semifinals at 9:30 a.m. The finals are scheduled to start at 5:30 p.m.
Archer is the defending state champion in Class AAAAAA.
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Infinite Energy Center Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Trans-Siberian Orchestra 2016 The Ghosts of Christmas Eve
- Day 2: Five Finger Death Punch & Shinedown
- Day 3:Shawn Mendes
- Day 4: Christmas with Amy Grant & Michael W. Smith
- Day 5: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus Xtreme®
- BONUS: The Lumineers
- Day 6: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 7: TobyMac
- Day 8: Roger Waters
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Harlem Globetrotters
- BONUS: Green Day
- Day 11: Panic! At The Disco
- Day 12: Andrea Bocelli