The Who to hit Atlanta with ‘The Who Hits 50!’ tour
By: Phil W. Hudson
Published: Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Who are you? Who, who, who, who?
The legendary English rock band The Who will bring their "The Who Hits 50!" tour to Duluth, Ga., April 23 at The Arena at Gwinnett Center.
The tour—presented by AEG Live—will also include special guests and 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
"This is the beginning of the long goodbye," said Roger Daltrey of the upcoming tour.
The band's tour kicked off in Glasgow, Scotland on Nov. 30 with a set list that included: "Substitute," "The Seeker," "Join Together," "Squeeze Box," and "Magic Bus," along with "The Kids Are Alright," "I Can See For Miles," "Who Are You," "Behind Blue Eyes," "You Better You Bet," "Baba O'Riley," "Won't Get Fooled Again," and "Pinball Wizard."
"Trying to stay young. Not wearing socks. Growing a great big Woodcutter's beard. Might even wear a check shirt on stage and get a tattoo of a Union Jack," Pete Townshend said in a statement. "Always a fashion victim. But under no illusions. We are what we are, and extremely good at it, but we're lucky to be alive and still touring."
The Who have sold more than 100 million records since forming in 1964.
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Infinite Energy Center Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Christmas with Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith
- Day 2: Luis Miguel
- Day 3: The Nutcracker presented by Gwinnett Ballet Theatre
- Day 4: TWENTY ØNE PILØTS
- Day 5: Leadercast
- Day 6: Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Day 7: Professional Bull Riders
- Day 8: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Day 11: Harlem Globetrotters
- Day 12: Disney On Ice: Frozen
- Day 13: Peter Rabbit Tales
- Day 14: Mumford & Sons