Special circus preview show brings out a crowd
By: Deanna Allen
Published: February 7, 2014
Ashley Lange looked like a seasoned circus performer posing with a big smile in a bright pink dress emblazoned with gold stars.
Nearby at the wardrobe rack, 11-year-olds Madeline Ellis and Katie Cappello laughed while looking through several costumes, all clothing children could try on during a special preview for Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey’s latest show, Built to Amaze!, at the Arena at Gwinnett Center.
Lange, a 12-year-old Dacula resident, and Ellis and Cappello, both of Suwanee, were three of more than 200 children to attend the Friday evening event, which was sponsored by Gas South and preceded the full circus show.
The preview was open to special-needs children and their friends and family and included tiger demonstrations, performances by clowns and dancers, a unicycle basketball game, an elephant demonstration and more.
This is Gas South’s fifth year hosting the special preview.
“It’s been an event that has grown and become even more special every year that we’ve done it,” said Kevin Greiner, president and CEO of Gas South. “We have really had a great time treating kids and their families to a great experience at the circus year after year.”
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Infinite Energy Center Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Trans-Siberian Orchestra 2016 The Ghosts of Christmas Eve
- Day 2: Five Finger Death Punch & Shinedown
- Day 3:Shawn Mendes
- Day 4: Christmas with Amy Grant & Michael W. Smith
- Day 5: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus Xtreme®
- BONUS: The Lumineers
- Day 6: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 7: TobyMac
- Day 8: Roger Waters
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Harlem Globetrotters
- BONUS: Green Day
- Day 11: Panic! At The Disco
- Day 12: Andrea Bocelli
- Share Your Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Memories