Gwinnett welcomes 1,200 new teachers
By: Eric Stirgus
Published: Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Gwinnett County began the process Tuesday of welcoming its new teachers to the district with a day-long orientation session.
The session, held at the Gwinnett Center, included a tutorial on the district’s curriculum standards, meeting student needs and teacher assessment. About 1,200 new teachers attended the orientation. Some new teachers could not attend the orientation. Gwinnett will hold additional orientation sessions for the teachers at local schools.
In all, Gwinnett, Georgia’s largest school district, hopes to have about 1,500 new teachers when the new school year starts Aug. 10. District officials said last week there are about 75 teacher vacancies.
Cobb County officials held a similar orientation session Tuesday for an estimated 800 new teachers. DeKalb held orientation sessions for its new teachers last week. Fulton school officials will have two orientation sessions, July 30 and Aug. 3.
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Infinite Energy Center Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Christmas with Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith
- Day 2: Luis Miguel
- Day 3: The Nutcracker presented by Gwinnett Ballet Theatre
- Day 4: TWENTY ØNE PILØTS
- Day 5: Leadercast
- Day 6: Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Day 7: Professional Bull Riders
- Day 8: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Day 11: Harlem Globetrotters
- Day 12: Disney On Ice: Frozen
- Day 13: Peter Rabbit Tales
- Day 14: Mumford & Sons