Gwinnett picks developer for Infinite Energy Center project
By: David Wickert
Published: September 15, 2016
Gwinnett County has chosen Atlanta-based North American Properties to develop a private entertainment district on county-owned land at Infinite Energy Center.
The Gwinnett Convention and Visitors Bureau this week selected the company from among three finalists. It now will negotiate a deal that would make the company the lead developer on the Infinite Energy Center project.
Gwinnett wants to build a mix of housing, shops, restaurants and new parking at the 110-acre complex near the intersection of I-85 and Sugarloaf Parkway. The site already is home to a 13,000-square-foot arena, a convention center, an exhibit hall, a ballroom and a 700-seat performing arts center.
The Gwinnett Board of Commissioners recently revised the master plan for the site to allow the mixed-use development.
“Our deciding factor was that we felt completely comfortable with the experience and insight that NAP will bring to the entire process,” convention center CEO Preston Williams said in announcing the selection Thursday. “Their vision is not only compelling, it is truly compatible with what we hope to see at the IEC complex.”
“We are eager to begin curating an experience that is unique to Gwinnett County,” NAP Managing Partner Mark Toro said. He pledged to work with the community “to create a vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment destination for the county.”
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Infinite Energy Center Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Christmas with Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith
- Day 2: Luis Miguel
- Day 3: The Nutcracker presented by Gwinnett Ballet Theatre
- Day 4: TWENTY ØNE PILØTS
- Day 5: Leadercast
- Day 6: Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Day 7: Professional Bull Riders
- Day 8: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Day 11: Harlem Globetrotters
- Day 12: Disney On Ice: Frozen
- Day 13: Peter Rabbit Tales
- Day 14: Mumford & Sons