Gwinnett clears way for $70M Marriott at Gwinnett Center
By: Carla Caldwell
Published: Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Gwinnett County Commissioners have approved a ground lease agreement that allows the county’s development arm to work with North Carolina-based Concord Sugarloaf LLC to build a Marriott hotel atGwinnett Center.
The $70 million hotel will be the center’s headquarters hotel, meaning it will serve as the base of operations for organizers of large conventions and conferences that require multiple meeting locations, reportsGwinnett Daily Post.
The lease agreement, approved Tuesday, moves the county’s goal of having a headquarters hotel at the Gwinnett Center one step closer, the paper says.
Concord must still design the hotel, which could be a 12-story tower, before ground can be broken, the paper adds.
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Infinite Energy Center Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Christmas with Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith
- Day 2: Luis Miguel
- Day 3: The Nutcracker presented by Gwinnett Ballet Theatre
- Day 4: TWENTY ØNE PILØTS
- Day 5: Leadercast
- Day 6: Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Day 7: Professional Bull Riders
- Day 8: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Day 11: Harlem Globetrotters
- Day 12: Disney On Ice: Frozen
- Day 13: Peter Rabbit Tales
- Day 14: Mumford & Sons