Gwinnett clears way for $70M Marriott at Gwinnett Center
By: Carla Caldwell
Published: Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Gwinnett County Commissioners have approved a ground lease agreement that allows the county’s development arm to work with North Carolina-based Concord Sugarloaf LLC to build a Marriott hotel atGwinnett Center.
The $70 million hotel will be the center’s headquarters hotel, meaning it will serve as the base of operations for organizers of large conventions and conferences that require multiple meeting locations, reportsGwinnett Daily Post.
The lease agreement, approved Tuesday, moves the county’s goal of having a headquarters hotel at the Gwinnett Center one step closer, the paper says.
Concord must still design the hotel, which could be a 12-story tower, before ground can be broken, the paper adds.
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Infinite Energy Center Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Trans-Siberian Orchestra 2016 The Ghosts of Christmas Eve
- Day 2: Five Finger Death Punch & Shinedown
- Day 3:Shawn Mendes
- Day 4: Christmas with Amy Grant & Michael W. Smith
- Day 5: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus Xtreme®
- BONUS: The Lumineers
- Day 6: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 7: TobyMac
- Day 8: Roger Waters
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Harlem Globetrotters
- BONUS: Green Day
- Day 11: Panic! At The Disco
- Day 12: Andrea Bocelli