Gwinnett Ballet Theatre presents 34th annual 'The Nutcracker'
By: Katie Morris
Published: December 3, 2014
Gwinnett Ballet Theatre has been producing its version of classic ballet “The Nutcracker” for Gwinnett audiences since 1981.
GBT’s 34th annual production returns to the Performing Arts Center Dec. 5-21, bringing the community together in celebration of the holiday season. The show includes all the beautiful dancing, elegant costumes, festive sets, beloved characters and music that make the ballet a holiday classic.
There will be 11 public performances including three shows with recorded music and eight shows with a full live orchestra. There are also five outreach shows, including a Scout show with the special pricing of $9 per ticket today at 7:30 p.m. This year, GBT is also partnering with the Hirsch Academy to present a special sensory friendly performance for children with Austism and other special needs.
GBT’s “The Nutcracker” will again feature community participation. Almost each public performance honors a local municipality, civic or business organization, medical center or private organization. This year, organizations such as Gwinnett Medical Center, Artworks! Gwinnett, New Lawrenceville, Summit Chase Country Club, the Gwinnett Braves and others will enjoy their own “Day at the Nutcraker.” There will also be a different local celebrity playing the role of Mother Ginger, the jolly lady with the big skirt and funny wig in the second act, for each public performance.
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Infinite Energy Center Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Christmas with Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith
- Day 2: Luis Miguel
- Day 3: The Nutcracker presented by Gwinnett Ballet Theatre
- Day 4: TWENTY ØNE PILØTS
- Day 5: Leadercast
- Day 6: Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Day 7: Professional Bull Riders
- Day 8: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Day 11: Harlem Globetrotters
- Day 12: Disney On Ice: Frozen
- Day 13: Peter Rabbit Tales
- Day 14: Mumford & Sons