Dalai Lama speaks to thousands in suburban Atlanta
By: The Associated Press
Published: October 8, 2013
DULUTH, Ga. —
The Dalai Lama told an audience to focus on love and to be grateful for all that they have during a speech at the Gwinnett Center arena in suburban Atlanta.
The Dalai Lama returned to the area Tuesday as part of a continuing partnership between the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader and Emory University in Atlanta.
The Dalai Lama has held the title of presidential distinguished professor at Emory since October 2007 and has visited Emory's campus five times.
The focus of this visit is "secular ethics," which is described as a system of shared principles that go beyond religious differences while still respecting and valuing the significance of religion in people's lives.
The Dalai Lama is scheduled to participate in a series of lectures and panel discussions through Thursday.
Copyright The Associated Press
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Infinite Energy Center Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Christmas with Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith
- Day 2: Luis Miguel
- Day 3: The Nutcracker presented by Gwinnett Ballet Theatre
- Day 4: TWENTY ØNE PILØTS
- Day 5: Leadercast
- Day 6: Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Day 7: Professional Bull Riders
- Day 8: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Day 11: Harlem Globetrotters
- Day 12: Disney On Ice: Frozen
- Day 13: Peter Rabbit Tales
- Day 14: Mumford & Sons