Dalai Lama returns to Emory in October
By: Jacques Couret
Publushed: April 23, 2013
The Dalai Lama will be back in Atlanta Oct. 8-10 to talk about responsible citizenship, ethics and education.
As Presidential Distinguished Professor atEmory University, the Dalai Lama provides private teaching sessions with students and faculty during Emory study-abroad programs in Dharamsala, India, as well as opportunities for university community members to attend his annual teachings. He makes periodic visits to Emory to participate in programs.
A public talk “The Pillars of Responsible Citizenship in the 21st Century Global Village” and an afternoon panel session on Secular Ethics in Education are set for Oct. 8 at The Arena at Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Ga. Tickets go on sale April 26 at 10 a.m. at gwinnettcenter.com, in-person at the box office at The Arena at Gwinnett Center, or by phone at 1-888-9-AXS-TIX.
Funds generated through ticket sales are used only to cover expenses, with any surplus given to charitable organizations under the advisement of the Dalai Lama.
He will spend Oct. 9 and 10 at Emory teaching students and engaging with the faculty.
Click here to see Emory’s website for the Dalai Lama’s visit.
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Infinite Energy Center Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Christmas with Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith
- Day 2: Luis Miguel
- Day 3: The Nutcracker presented by Gwinnett Ballet Theatre
- Day 4: TWENTY ØNE PILØTS
- Day 5: Leadercast
- Day 6: Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Day 7: Professional Bull Riders
- Day 8: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Day 11: Harlem Globetrotters
- Day 12: Disney On Ice: Frozen
- Day 13: Peter Rabbit Tales
- Day 14: Mumford & Sons