Cirque du Soleil to bring 'Varekai' to Gwinnett Arena
By: Katie Morris
Published: Monday, March 23, 2015
This July, the Gwinnett Arena will transform into a mystical forrest at the summit of a volcano — a world where fantastical creatures come to life and anything is possible. An extraordinary world called Varekai.
Cirque du Soleil’s latest arena touring production, “Varekai,” will be at The Arena at Gwinnett Center in Duluth July 29-Aug. 2 for eight performances.
The critically-acclaimed production has been seen by over 8 million people worldwide since premiering in Montreal in 2002. Since then, “Varekai” has visited more than 72 cities in 20 different countries around the world.
The word Varekai means “wherever” in the Romany language of the gypsies, the universal wanderers. Directed by Dominic Champagne, the production is described as paying tribute to the nomadic soul, the spirit and art of the circus tradition and those who quest with infinite passion along the path that leads to “Varekai.”
Tickets for the general public will go on-sale Friday, March 27, at cirquedusoleil.com/varekai or by calling 770-626-2464.
Advance tickets for “Varekai” are available now online exclusively to Cirque Club members through March 26. For more information, visit cirqueclub.com.
For more information, visit cirquedusoleil.com/varekai or gwinnettcenter.com/events/detail/cirque-du-soleil-varekai.
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Infinite Energy Center Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Christmas with Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith
- Day 2: Luis Miguel
- Day 3: The Nutcracker presented by Gwinnett Ballet Theatre
- Day 4: TWENTY ØNE PILØTS
- Day 5: Leadercast
- Day 6: Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Day 7: Professional Bull Riders
- Day 8: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Day 11: Harlem Globetrotters
- Day 12: Disney On Ice: Frozen
- Day 13: Peter Rabbit Tales
- Day 14: Mumford & Sons