Cirque du Soleil to bring 'Varekai' to Gwinnett Arena
By: Katie Morris
Published: Monday, March 23, 2015
This July, the Gwinnett Arena will transform into a mystical forrest at the summit of a volcano — a world where fantastical creatures come to life and anything is possible. An extraordinary world called Varekai.
Cirque du Soleil’s latest arena touring production, “Varekai,” will be at The Arena at Gwinnett Center in Duluth July 29-Aug. 2 for eight performances.
The critically-acclaimed production has been seen by over 8 million people worldwide since premiering in Montreal in 2002. Since then, “Varekai” has visited more than 72 cities in 20 different countries around the world.
The word Varekai means “wherever” in the Romany language of the gypsies, the universal wanderers. Directed by Dominic Champagne, the production is described as paying tribute to the nomadic soul, the spirit and art of the circus tradition and those who quest with infinite passion along the path that leads to “Varekai.”
Tickets for the general public will go on-sale Friday, March 27, at cirquedusoleil.com/varekai or by calling 770-626-2464.
Advance tickets for “Varekai” are available now online exclusively to Cirque Club members through March 26. For more information, visit cirqueclub.com.
For more information, visit cirquedusoleil.com/varekai or gwinnettcenter.com/events/detail/cirque-du-soleil-varekai.
Share ThisPrint This Page
- Get Connected
- INSIDER E-Newsletter Signup
- Infinite Energy Center Blog
- Social Media
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Day 1: Trans-Siberian Orchestra 2016 The Ghosts of Christmas Eve
- Day 2: Five Finger Death Punch & Shinedown
- Day 3:Shawn Mendes
- Day 4: Christmas with Amy Grant & Michael W. Smith
- Day 5: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus Xtreme®
- BONUS: The Lumineers
- Day 6: Atlanta Gladiators
- Day 7: TobyMac
- Day 8: Roger Waters
- Day 9: Georgia Swarm
- Day 10: Harlem Globetrotters
- BONUS: Green Day
- Day 11: Panic! At The Disco
- Day 12: Andrea Bocelli
- Share Your Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Memories